SEO 101: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide To SEO: A Blog Around SEO And Digital Marketing.
Are you a beginner in SEO Field ? Ideas in Blog post include why we need SEO and what is the real definition of SEO.
What is SEO?
Let’s look at the real definition of SEO…
- Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving your website to help you achieve higher rankings in search engines like Google and Bing.
- When we say “higher rankings,” we mean appearing on the first page of a given search query, as it’s been proven that only 2% of people click beyond the first page.
So let’s break it down:
- The goal is to get a high ranking on SERPs.
- We need to optimize content so that web crawlers can understand them better, thereby increasing our chances for ranking higher.
There are many ways to do this, such as using keywords, optimizing meta tags and descriptions, backlinking and getting social media mentions from influencers with large followings.
Other methods include using PPC ads, content marketing strategies and email marketing campaigns to influence other websites into putting up links that lead back to your site. These techniques fall under off-site optimization whereas keyword research, meta tags and descriptions are ways that belong under on-site optimization.
What is SEO and How Does it Work?
What is SEO and How Does it Work?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your online content so that a search engine likes to show it as a top result for searches of a certain keyword.
Let’s break that down even further:
- When it comes to SEO, there’s you, the search engine, and the searcher. If you have an article about how to make vegan lasagna, you want the search engine (which, in 90% of all cases, is Google) to show it as a top result to anyone who searches for the phrase “vegan lasagna.”
- SEO is the magic you have to perform on your article in order to make Google very likely to include your post as one of the top results whenever someone searches for that keyword.
SEO Tools to Help Your Search Rankings
When first beginning your SEO journey, you’ll need to familiarize yourself with the following tools to get started:
- Ahrefs: This tool is extremely important for your SEO success because it allows you to see the keywords that other websites in your industry are ranking for. I recommend setting up a free account so you can get good keyword ideas and research competitors in your niche.
- Google Search Console: This is a tool that helps you monitor how well or poorly Google views your website. You can also see what keywords people are using to find you via organic search. To set up this tool, simply go here and follow the directions on screen.
- Bing Webmaster Tools: While many people don’t think about Bing when considering search engines, it’s still one of the largest providers of web traffic worldwide! In fact, over 20% of all U.S.-based searches come from Bing — so it’s definitely an opportunity worth exploring. You can get started by going here and setting up an account.
How to Use Anchor Text, Link Building and Internal Links
Next up, we have anchor text. Anchor text (also called a hyperlink in HTML) is the clickable piece of text that redirects you to another location on the web when clicked. It’s also typically underlined or otherwise highlighted to indicate that it’s clickable—though this isn’t always so, as you can see in these examples which lack underlines:
fountain | Tahiti | strawberry
Anchor text is useful because it allows readers to instantly access other websites they may be interested in visiting. Because of how easy and convenient it is, anchor text has become an important part of SEO optimization for many sites—in fact, Google uses this very principle in its own search engine results pages (SERPs). When you search for “SEO 101,” Google displays a list of relevant articles related to your topic as well as their respective links, with each link consisting of its own set of anchor text:
- Beginner’s Guide to SEO [Search Engine Journal]
- SEO 101: How Search Engine Optimization Really Works [Neil Patel]
- Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide [Google]
How Google’s Algorithm Impacts SEO
When a user types a search query into the Google search bar, Google’s algorithm uses hundreds of different factors to decide which search results are displayed. Here’s the Google Search Ranking Factors’ infographic that explains all major ranking signals used by Google today.
The algorithm is updated frequently, so it can be challenging for SEOs to keep up with the changes. However, there are some aspects of the algorithm that have remained relatively constant over time. Take a look at this video for an overview of how the algorithm works:
SEO vs SEM vs PPC, What’s the Difference?
Search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) are often confused with one another. While SEM strategy includes SEO tactics, it also includes other search marketing tactics such as paid search ads.
So what is the difference between SEM vs. SEO? To answer that, let’s first understand how search engines work.
When a user enters a query in a search engine using keywords, the search engine examines all of the pages in its index and creates a list of results that it considers relevant to the user’s query based on relevance and popularity.
Page relevance is determined by the content on the page, and website popularity is measured by analyzing factors such as links from other websites and social media engagement. These factors come together to create your website’s ranking in organic results.
While this process can be relatively simple for some businesses with straightforward targeting needs, others will require more time to develop their SEM strategy before launching their campaign….
SEO optimization is the beginning of your digital marketing journey.
What is SEO
SEO is the foundation of your digital marketing strategy. It’s a long-term investment that will serve as the pillar for all other digital marketing activities, including social media campaigns and paid ads.
Like most forms of marketing, SEO requires ongoing maintenance to achieve results. As search engines continue to evolve their algorithms and users’ behaviors change, businesses need to maintain and optimize their website for proper performance.
Finding new ways to improve your website requires you to look into every facet of your business from a holistic perspective, which can be daunting at first if you don’t have an idea where to start. Thankfully, there are various ways you can begin optimizing your website in no time at all!
To know more such blogs regarding SEO, check out SBS Digital (www.sbsdigital.in). We are a team of young and creative people skilled in different fields helping Businesses grow. Our dedicated team will fully meet your business needs. We make sure you achieve all your goals as a business, whether it is a new or old one. Do follow us on Instagram and Facebook at Sbsdigital.